Elder Rasmussen

Elder Rasmussen
Alma 53:20 "They were exceedingly valiant for courage....but behold this was not all - they were men that were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted, yea they were men of truth and soberness."

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

FROM THE ZONE



JUNE 16, 2013

I had an awesome week, and the Zone is starting to pick things up. We are working super hard and following up closely with our district leaders to make sure that our plans are being put into practice in each area! This week all 4 of our baptisms were baptized! It was a great day, everyone was really happy. I was given the opportunity to baptize Keite (even though I think its way better when the members do the baptizing) and on Sunday I got to confirm Diego ( Karina´s son). It was my first confirmation in my life and it was awesome. also this Sunday we were given the opportunity to speak in sacrament which was cool as well. All of this in just one weekend, you can see how the mission helps you to come out of your shell! We also are planning another baptism this Saturday for our investigator named Lia she's the mother of Paloma that was baptized on the first and is super excited for her baptism! We weren't actually planning to be baptizing her this weekend its just that she wants bishop to baptize her and he will be traveling after this weekend so here baptism was moved to this week! What a blessing! 

I'm doing great and that I'm really happy, I'm so grateful to be considered a representative of Christ and to have the opportunity to raise my voice and testify of his daily, what a blessing it is to be a missionary :) 


Elder Rasmussen 

We have a new address for our mission home now: 

Rua Comendador Elias Zarzur 365

Santo Amaro

04736-000 São Paulo - SP

Brasil


JUNE 2, 2013

What a week! this week went by so fast its crazy. We had a exchanges everyday and the week flew by. (you asked about exchanges, its when we split with the elders in our zone, to train and help with difficulties). We had a pretty great week here in Grajaú. We finished the week out with 6 baptisms! 3 of which were ours :) YYAA! The Lord has been blessing us a lot. So Alexandre and Paloma got married and were baptized and Luara was also baptized as well, which was a miracle! We actually found her last Monday. It was late and we were walking back home at about 9 when we passed the house of a member of the ward. As we passed I felt impressed that we should enter and told my comp. he said that it was late and we needed to get back home, but when I explained that I felt that we needed to he agreed. We clapped our hands at the door and the family let us in. When to our surprise they said that they had a reference and introduce us to there 10 year old niece Luara. Needless to say Luara was baptized this Sunday!! It was truly a Maraca! 

So we have transfers this Tuesday and my comp. was transferred, its super weird actually this is my first time staying in the area when my companion was transferred. This means all the weight of the zone is on my shoulders, its a little daunting  but I have faith that the Lord will be with me and qualify me for the task at hand. Pray for me!

Love,

Elder Rasmussen

MAY 26, 2013
 
Well another week come and went like you said and the weeks seem to be passing by faster and faster! 

My pres. Says that when you go through the temple and make sacred covenants with the Lord you become a man, because God doesn't make those kinds of covenants with boys. 

This week was a little tough for our Zone. Elder Hendricks and I have been doing exchanges almost daily to help the Elders see that anything is possible for those who have faith and are motivated enough to work their hardest. Its been super tiring but has been worth it. Our numbers have risen a ton in just two weeks (From 38 people marked for baptism to 102 in 2 weeks) The Lord has Blessed us a lot! Even though we only baptized few people this month I'm excited and certain that June is going to be great!!

Well That's Pretty much the up date on my end for this week I wish you and the fam an incredible week.
Love Elder Rasmussen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment